When you are looking to purchase industrial curtain tracks for your used or new curtains there are several things that you need to consider. Here are just a few.
- Determine the overall length of your curtains – You’ll need to provide the supplier with the overall length of your curtains so that they can make sure they provide enough track to accommodate this length.
- Determine the height of your curtains – You’ll need to provide the supplier with the overall height of the curtains as they will need to determine the weight that the track will have two support. Curtains that are higher than approximately 10 feet tall will generally need to have supports located every 4 feet. Curtains that are 10 feet or less will generally need supports every five to six feet.
- Outline exactly how you would use the curtains – industrial curtain tracks can come equipped with roller hooks that allow the curtain to move forward and backward based on your need to pass through the area. If you require a curtain which has to be moved out of the way on a fairly frequent basis, then it is a good idea to have the curtain track equipped with roller hooks. These roller hooks attached to the grommets that are located at the top of the material. As a general rule, there will be one roller hook for every 12 inches of curtain.
- Think about how you will attach the curtain track to the above structure – The curtain track hardware can be attached to the above structure in a variety of ways. The most common method is to use a threaded rod which hangs down from the ceiling and attaches to the track. This threaded rod is very economical when there is a large distance between the ceiling and the top of the curtain. There are of course other methods to attach the industrial curtain tracks to the above structure. One such method is to use ceiling mounts which attach directly to the ceiling and the curtain track. This allows for a very small gap between the above structure which is the ceiling and the track below.
- Will the hardware be located inside or outside – If your intention is to install your industrial curtains outside then you will need to let the supplier know as the construction of the hardware will have to resist corrosion. Also if you plan on having a washdown application then you will need to let the supplier know this as well. There is a special type of mounting hardware which will not collect debris for clean room applications.
We hope this article was helpful for you. If you’d like to receive a formal quotation, please visit us at a Akon industrial curtain tracks.